Rayann Pruss commits to Ohio University for soccer
Rayann Pruss, a Perrysburg high school junior, recently committed to Ohio University for soccer. She has been playing soccer for 13 years and is excited to play for OU.
Pruss said even though being committed as a junior for soccer is pretty common “it still feel[s] kind of surreal” to her. Student-athletes in most sports wait until their senior year to commit to a university.
COVID-19 has affected athletes through their recruiting process, especially the current junior class that hasn’t been able to see many schools.
Fortunately for Pruss, she did get a chance to see OU before committing.
“COVID has really affected my recruiting process and the class of 2022’s because I didn’t get all the typical college visits and camps over the summer. I am very lucky to have been in touch with OU before the shutdown happened,” Pruss said.
Pruss is very excited to continue on her soccer career and with her choice of OU for college.
“It is a perfect distance from home and I just loved the coaches, players, and atmosphere. It has all the possible career paths I’m looking into it just felt like a perfect fit.”
Congrats, Rayann Pruss!
Other stories on eSomethin:
- Here to Stay: Virtual learning affected all of us
- Behind the Mask: Vocal music teacher Shelvin Burns
- Opinion: Texas’ Heartbeat Act lacks needed exemptions and should be called the “Heartless Act”
- Commodes for a cause: PHS introduction to art classes paint toilets for World Toilet Day
- Devious licks leads to possible criminal charges