The Most Popular Halloween Candy in 2020
Grace Reiter, Lydia Reiter
Despite COVID-19’s many regulations, Halloween celebrations continued…with caution. Kids trick-or-treated at a distance, teenagers visited haunted houses while wearing masks, and parents watched scary movies in the seclusion of their own homes. But of course, Americans still consumed a plethora of candy this season–nearly 600 million pounds worth according to mobilecuisine.com.
According to AARP.org, the most popular candies from the past two years are as follows: Skittles, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, M&M’s, Snickers, Starburst, Candy Corn, Hot Tamales, Tootsie Pops, Sour Patch Kids, and Hersey Bars.
To learn more about your favorite Halloween treats, click here:
Other stories on eSomethin
- USA Gymnastics makes surprising new deal, angering many
- OPINION: Uyghurs are being discriminated against in China
- DECA is recruiting for next school year and they want YOU
- OPINION: Amanda Gorman Stuns All
- Baking my way through ‘Great British Baking Show’ technical challenges, part 2