Chalk the Walk: a quarantine pastime becomes age-group competition
Are you bored and looking for something to do this weekend? Then you should join in on “Chalk the Walk” fun.
You can take a picture and send it in to Mrs. Tara Zechman‘s email anytime on May 2 and 3. All you have to do is send your photo with your name and how old you are.
Student council members Grace Reiter and Merritt Backus explained that when you submit a picture of your chalk creation to Zechman, you are immediately entered to your age group’s competition. If you win you will not only get bragging rights, but also you will get your creation featured in the Perrysburg Messenger Journal.
This is not only open to PHS, but it is open to the entire community! The students behind this idea are a temporary committee of student council that was created for this quarantine.
The group of twenty-two council members has been working for about a month to come up with this idea and make it a reality. You can also find more details on 13ABC on Saturday, May 2.
Find some chalk and head on outside!
Other stories on eSomethin:
- How athletes are staying in shape during COVID-19 quarantine
- Annual senior video celebrates the class of 2020
- Principal Short makes many decisions as the high school copes with COVID-19
- Corona-cation activities to cure your apathy
- Governor DeWine’s update on COVID-19 details changes, openings