Fugitives give elementary school carnival a scary turn
On Friday, Nov. 15, Toth Elementary School’s carnival was moved inside due to four car thief suspects on the loose in Perrysburg.
The four were not from Perrysburg, or even from Ohio. The driver was from Riverdale, Illinois. They came here on the Ohio Turnpike.
“…We are at a [geographic] crossroads,” says PHS resource officer Greg Cole.
“We’ve got the Ohio Turnpike, we’ve got I-75, we’ve got US-23. They all meet in Perrysburg.” All of these major roads can lead to trouble in the ‘Burg, explained Cole.
A prior police chase of suspects exiting a freeway on Nov. 8 led to lockdowns at Woodland and Toth elementary schools as well as Perrysburg Junior High. The pursuit of a fugitive ended in the city. Five suspects face charges in relation to that incident.
Other stories on eSomethin:
- How athletes are staying in shape during COVID-19 quarantine
- Annual senior video celebrates the class of 2020
- Principal Short makes many decisions as the high school copes with COVID-19
- Corona-cation activities to cure your apathy
- Governor DeWine’s update on COVID-19 details changes, openings