Chipotle, raffles, and prom oh my! How STUCO is rallying to pay for prom
Clara Burkin and Lauren Gorcz
At the beginning of the year, freshman student council (STUCO) elections gave the elected students an important responsibility. What have they been up to?
Freshman STUCO is also holding a raffle this week. The theme is Ohio State v.s. Michigan. Tickets cost a dollar with a deal of six tickets for $5.
STUCO will sell these tickets at all lunches Wednesday through next week on Tuesday. The grand prize is $185 worth of gift cards for a single winner.
Freshman STUCO treasurer Max Baca said, “Since we’re starting out we don’t have much money, which means we can’t do that many things.”
On Tuesday, Nov. 19, they held a fundraiser at Chipotle. Freshman STUCO vice-president Nora Davis said, “We’re fundraising money so [the current sophomore class] can have a good prom [their] senior year.”
The Chipotle fundraiser raised $205.79
Now, students can put those old, crumpled up $1 bill to good use and support the freshman student council and good causes around school.
Other stories on eSomethin:
- How athletes are staying in shape during COVID-19 quarantine
- Annual senior video celebrates the class of 2020
- Principal Short makes many decisions as the high school copes with COVID-19
- Corona-cation activities to cure your apathy
- Governor DeWine’s update on COVID-19 details changes, openings