Perrysburg Girls Lacrosse — NLL Champs, and on the Path to States
Perrysburg Girls Varsity Lacrosse has won the NLL title for the past three years. The team plays again tonight against Olentangy Liberty High School in the regional quarter-final.
The three-time win is an impressive feat, especially considering this is only the 10th year of girls lacrosse being a varsity sport at the high school.
The team went 16-2 overall for the regular season, defeating each of the NLL schools with girls lacrosse teams, twice. The Jackets starters returned from last season, making their team chemistry’s very compatible.
After one of the two losses of the season, sophomore Alex Palmer stated, “I definitely think our team needed to communicate more on both ends, and definitely work on completing the passes. I think our energy was there in the first half, but we kind of lost track in the second.”
The team channeled the same intense energy that helped them win the game against the rival St. Ursula Academy in Toledo with a final score of 5-4.
Currently, they are on the path to state competition. Go Jackets!
- How the Jackets prepare for ‘Maumee Week’: Wednesday and Thursday
- Lady Jackets soccer finishes second in NLL in bittersweet loss to Anthony Wayne
- How the Jackets prepare for ‘Maumee week’
- Jackets XC plans rebound from Tiffin Carnival
- Perrysburg Girls Lacrosse — NLL Champs, and on the Path to States