Virginia Basketball: From Worst to First
On Monday, the Texas Tech Red Raiders played against the Virginia Cavaliers to determine who will be number 1 in the country in NCAA Men’s basketball.
Throughout the game, the score went back and forth between both teams as they battled for National Championship crown. As the game progressed, it looked like the Red Raiders would come out on top and capture the championship. With mere seconds remaining in the game, Hunter, from Cavaliers, hit a huge three-point shot to tie the game 68-68, sending play to overtime.
In the end, Virginia beat the Red Raiders 85-77. The Cavaliers’ defense showed up in the overtime session, holding the Red Raiders to 9 points to the Cavaliers 17 to capture the championship.
The Cavaliers’ win is a great accomplishment after their run last year in the tournament when they famously lost in first round as a 1-seed to 16-seed University of Maryland, Baltimore County. 2018 marked the first year that a 1-seed lost to a 16-seed in the NCAA tournament.
Virginia redeemed that fate by running through the competition and come out as the National Champions.
Other sports stories on eSomethin:
- Perrysburg Girls Lacrosse — NLL Champs, and on the Path to States
- Jackets Baseball Triumphs Over Bowling Green, Looks Ahead to Maumee
- Perrysburg Girls Runs Away With A Win Against Springfield
- NCAA Men’s Hoops National Championship Prediction: Texas Tech Red Raiders Slay the Virginia Cavaliers
- Final Four Prediction: Underdogs on Top of Dog Pile