Yellow Jackets Hoops Fall to the Generals
On February 22nd, men’s varsity basketball played Anthony Wayne but were unable to get the win, unfortunately. Anthony Wayne defeated the Yellow Jackets 68-57 following a scoring push in the third quarter.
When asked about the game as a whole, junior Jackson Sizemore said, “I think my team showed a lot of heart. We definitely wanted the win… in the third quarter they extended the lead, and we couldn’t dig ourselves out of that hole.”
The loss moves Perrysburg to 12 wins and 10 losses on the season thus far.
“Overall I feel we have had some really good wins this year. We have overcome some challenges and stuck together to play against tough, good teams throughout the year…. The first time we played [Anthony Wayne] we won after a great team performance and felt good going into the game,” says junior player Harry Hosler.
The next game is Wednesday, February 27th, against Fremont Ross, so make sure to turn out and support the Fighting Yellow Jackets!
More on eSomethin:
- Perrysburg High School’s Crystal Concert brings audience members to tears
- Behind the mask: Science teacher Danielle Dastoli
- The Perrysburg wrestling team wins 50th annual Perrysburg Invitational Tournament
- Perrysburg Schools takes Ohio option to lower sub requirements to combat shortage
- New Yellow Oak club strives to help out the community