Senior Night is a time to appreciate the accomplishments, passion, and exertion seniors have put forth into their sport during their high school careers. The Perrysburg High School swim team held their night of senior admiration on Friday, January 25th, 2019.
The night started off with the proud parents of the senior swimmers walking their esteemed children before the crowds for all to see. Emotions ran high as the experienced swimmers reminisced upon all the memories made and future memories to come.
Blake Whitman, a senior Perrysburg swimmer, put his best stroke forward for his last home meet by winning both the 50 freestyle and 100-meter breaststroke.
After the meet, Head Coach Chuck Salmon took a look back on the growth of his seniors. Salmon is beyond proud of all their achievements inside and outside of the swimming pool.
“It’s fun to watch them grow and do all these different things. It doesn’t matter that they just swim,” Salmon said.
Seeing his swimmers are realize their potential in the pool, extra curricular activities, and/or other sports, brings him great joy. When asked about how this year’s season is going, Salmon disclosed the true goal set for the whole of swimming season:
“It’s not like football and basketball with wins and losses. It’s about how you look at it. It’s really how they’re developing in a process we set up for them, where we really try to go fast the 2nd weekend of February. That’s what it’s all about.”
Stats for Friday’s meet:
Girls: Springfield – 27 Perrysburg – 140
Boys: Springfield – 63 Perrysburg – 103
19 personal best times
Julia Lee swims her last 500 at home after swimming back-to-back events
- Julia Beer took both the 500 free and 100 breast
- Anna Luscombe took both the 200 IM and the 100 Back
- Seth Stahl took both the 200 free and 500 free
- Blake Whitman took both the 50 free and 100 breast
- Jason Mefferd took both the 100 fly and 100 back
Other stories on eSomethin:
- Winter One Acts: An Emotional Roller Coaster of Tear-Filled Laughs
- Playing Donkey Kong for Trans Rights
- Perrysburg Symphony Orchestra Offers a Concert to Remember
- Stay Safe in the Snow
- PIT Wrestling Tournament 2019 Recap