Jillian Craig, a senior at Perrysburg High School, has accepted the Robert C. and Dorothy JJ Welch Scholarship, a $700 honor. The scholarship was established in 2005 to honor Mr. Welch and to recognize his contribution to the field of journalism.
The award was presented at the annual recognition dinner at the Belmont Country Club on Wednesday, May 9th.
When asked how Craig felt about getting the scholarship, she said, “I was both surprised and excited. I was not expecting to receive it at all, but it’s nice having the knowledge that it’s helping little by little with my college tuition.”
Journalism means something different to everyone but Craig made it her career path after eighth grade: “I wanted to go into Journalism because I realized after doing WPJH that public speaking and delivering information was something fun and adventurous. I don’t think I’d ever get bored with journalism.”
Other news on eSomethin:
- PIT Wrestling Tournament 2019 Recap
- 2018 PHS ‘Christmas through the Ages’ Choir Concert
- VIDEO: Robotics Club Takes Up Drone Racing
- Jackets Take Down the Panthers (with Goldfish for Dinner)
- Julia Lee Rows Her Way to Notre Dame
- George H. W. Bush: A Legacy of Service