Perfect Peppermint Cookies
The holiday season has begun, and what better way to enjoy the holidays than cookies? A common holiday tradition in the United States is bake cookies, usually with friends or family. These peppermint cookies are simple to make and can be enjoyed with friends and family.
For the recipe you will need:
⅔ cup regular unflavored shortening (ex: Crisco)
⅔ cup unsalted butter room temperature
2 cups white sugar separated
1 large egg and one large egg yolk
1 tablespoon of corn syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼-½ teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup crushed peppermint candy
Original recipe from Chelseasmessyapron.com
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Beat the shortening, butter, and 1 and ½ cups of sugar together until light and creamy. Do not melt or soften the butter.
3. Add the egg, egg yolk, corn syrup, and vanilla extract and beat together. Once beaten together, add the peppermint extract. Add in ¼ tsp for a slightly minty flavor, or ½ tsp for a stronger peppermint flavor
4. Next, add in crushed peppermint candies, flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix until combined
5. Finally, roll the dough into 1-2 inch balls and place them on a parchment lined sheet about 2 inches apart.
6. Bake the cookies for about 15 minutes.
More articles from eSomethin.com
- USA Gymnastics makes surprising new deal, angering many
- OPINION: Uyghurs are being discriminated against in China
- DECA is recruiting for next school year and they want YOU
- Podcast: Questions you may have before joining eSomethin
- eSomethin needs you
- EDITORIAL: To binge or not to binge Netflix’s series “The Rain”