Dancing Their Way To States: An Update on the Dance Team
The Perrysburg High School dance team has been entertaining fans at pep rallies for years now. They are upbeat and have created many commendable routines over the roughly 20 years of the team’s existence.
For her freshman year, Sydney (Shini) Staats enjoyed the team overall. To Staats, the best thing about being a part of dance team is, “Making great bonds with other girls and our coach. Feeling involved with the school. Pep rallies and basketball games.”
Rachel Garmatter, a sophomore, believes the season allowed her teammates to grow: “I feel like this season went really good. We grew as dancers and stronger as a team this year. We are all pumped for states.”
The Perrysburg dance team qualified and competed in States championship on Saturday, March 3rd.
Madeline Lindow, another sophomore, agrees that their season affected them all positively, “[the season] made us able to collaborate our ideas with our teammates.”.
The girls overall placed 18th in Hip Hop and 10th in Jazz during States.
Good job, ladies!
Other Sports stories on eSomethin:
- USA Gymnastics makes surprising new deal, angering many
- Rayann Pruss commits to Ohio University for soccer
- Perrysburg High School sports must take precautions to stay safe
- How athletes are staying in shape during COVID-19 quarantine
- Teachers’ record now 3-0 after the staff/student basketball game
- PIT Wrestling Tournament shows power of Perrysburg team