Video: PHS Track Season Starts March 6
BANG!!! You feel the exhilaration of those first couple strides. Nothing could feel better than the breeze in your face you pump your arms and legs as fast you can to reach edge out your opponent. You can enjoy this sensation if you join track this 2017 season.
Perrysburg High School’s 2017 track practices are on the school track after school. Information and sign ups are available from coach, Mr. Jim Hentges, in room 211. Practices begin this Monday, March 6th. There are no cuts so you don’t have to worry about a tryout!!
Senior track runner Parker Beach — featured in the video above — runs the 100m, 200m, and relays but you are not limited to those.
There is throwing and jumping events which are discus, shot put and high jump. There is also short distance which is 100 to 400 meters and, finally there is the distance team that run anywhere between 800 and 3200 meters. There is plenty of variety, so there is definitely something that you will enjoy doing.
Beach stated, “It’s a sport anyone can enjoy.”
Beach also said, “My favorite track memory is definitely beating the boys 4×200 relay record.”
Hope to see you there!!
Video features: Parker Beach, Quaylan Young and Spencer Murray.
Thank you track coach Andrea Monheim for the great footage.
Other sports stories on eSomethin:
- USA Gymnastics makes surprising new deal, angering many
- Rayann Pruss commits to Ohio University for soccer
- Perrysburg High School sports must take precautions to stay safe
- How athletes are staying in shape during COVID-19 quarantine
- Teachers’ record now 3-0 after the staff/student basketball game
- PIT Wrestling Tournament shows power of Perrysburg team