Girls Golf tournament
By Cheslea Fisher
Photos by Chelsea Fisher
On Wednesday, October 5th, the girls varsity golf team headed off to sectionals. After placing third at NLLs, the team sought new competition on Detwiler Golf Course in Toledo.
Even though the Perrysburg team didn’t advance to districts, sophomore Franny Sberna did. She shot an 87 to record the third-best individual score.
The top three teams were chosen to advance, and so were the top three individuals from non-placing teams. “It doesn’t feel real.” Said Franny Sberna.
Teams were placed by totaling their four lowest scores. St. Ursula placed first with a total of 303, followed by Northview with 332, and Notre Dame with 362. Perrysburg shot a 401.
Other sports stories on eSomethin:
- USA Gymnastics makes surprising new deal, angering many
- Rayann Pruss commits to Ohio University for soccer
- Perrysburg High School sports must take precautions to stay safe
- How athletes are staying in shape during COVID-19 quarantine
- Teachers’ record now 3-0 after the staff/student basketball game
- PIT Wrestling Tournament shows power of Perrysburg team
- Jackets hockey strikes again!
- Midnight Madness hypes up fans at start of basketball season
- How the Jackets prepare for ‘Maumee Week’: Wednesday and Thursday
- Lady Jackets soccer finishes second in NLL in bittersweet loss to Anthony Wayne