Enjoy last sip of summer before its over
By Nikki Sundermeier and Marissa Amstutz
Leaving school the last day of junior year, there was so much hype. It was all such a great feeling. Luckily for us juniors, our last day was also our Senior Step Up Day. That’s the one day where the entire class really feels like one. You’re all so excited for the same thing. We are all going to be seniors! And of course summer is right around the corner.
Fast forward two months and summer is already nearly wrapping up. My summer was jammed pack with ACT’s, various camps, and preparation for college applications.
All my plans of making this summer count, and making it the ‘best one yet’ slowly faded away into the month of August. With the passing of those summer nights came a feeling that I really did not use this break to my full advantage.
At this point, I am ready to be back at school. That way, I have something to do.
Hopefully, those reading this had the best summer ever. Hopefully you went on crazy adventures and visited all the colleges you are interested in.
But if your summer sounds anything like mine, here is a list of activities you can still do before school and well into September:
- Celebrate a pretend birthday and get a free dessert somewhere and embarrass your friends.
- Perrysburg Farmers Market downtown on Thursdays 3-7 p.m.
- Perrysburg car show at the Commodore on Fridays at 5 p.m.
- Go to Cedar Point, take selfies, and be “those people” with a selfie stick.
- Try out Perry Falls Mini Golf.
- Go support the Mud Hens!
- Go have fun and enjoy the next week and a half because school starts the 18th! Go Jackets!